Meet Danae Darland. (& her husband, Billy.)
Now that you know her name, let's talk about why this blogger of Monograms & Parachutes is as down-to-earth as she is pretty. She's the total package when it comes to being a wife, a stepmomma & a Blogworthy Babe.
Charlotte's Little Web: First, I'd like to say I love the blog. Your tell it like it is writing style is one of my personal favorites.
What inspired you to start blogging?
Danae: My friend Mallory from the blog Mal Smiles inspired me. We were in Richmond visiting her and I was asking her a bunch of questions about it and a few weeks after that is when i started.
Charlotte's Little Web: Nice. Are there certain topics you tend to write about more than others? What can readers expect on the blog?
Danae: I really like to blog about things I'm going through in my life. It's always nice to get feedback from others and sometimes you get to connect with someone whose been through something similar.
Charlotte's Little Web: Is it ever difficult to share your personal experiences so publicly?
Danae: There have been a few times where that "publish button" has been really hard to push but it's all been worth it in the end.
Charlotte's Little Web: Agreed! Sometimes I have to shut off my computer and take a long shower after releasing a tough post. But I've never regretted it!
So, how do you balance your personal life with your blog life?
Danae: Lately, that has been hard and my blog has been taking the back burner because of it but I'm slowly balancing things out again. It was harder when I was working the two jobs but now I'm back down to one.
Charlotte's Little Web: Jugglig a family, a job, dogs AND a blog? Yeah, I can see how it could be tough!
So, where do you find inspiration for your posts?
Danae: I get inspiration from a lot of random places. Sometimes I'll watch stories on sportscenter and it'll inspire me to write something. It inspired something just the other day. Also my personal life is a big influence in what I write. I'm a stepmom which has proven to have a lot of content in it and as well as just being married and supporting Billy in his army career.
Charlotte's Little Web: What kind of audience do you think your blog attracts most?
Danae: I think I'm really relatable to a lot of different people so I don't think that there would be any certain type. I think that's one of the most special parts about blogging is that it lets you come in contact and connect with all kinds of different people.
Charlotte's Little Web: Yep! It's all about relating to others on some level for me, as well!
If you could give someone who wanted to start a blog one piece of advice, what would it be?
Danae: Really think about what you want your voice to be and who you want your blog to be geared towards and take your time.
Charlotte's Little Web: Any blogs in particular that you love?
Danae: I haven't read blogs in quite sometime, but one of my favorites is Mal Smiles. It's one of my best friends who was also a bridesmaid in my wedding and I just love all her fitness tips and of course drooling over her adorable new baby.
Charlotte's Little Web: It happens to us all: Any tips for writers block?
Danae: I'm still trying to figure that one out for myself!
Charlotte's Little Web: Ha. Join the club! I'm right there with you.
And, last but not least: If you could get your blog into the hands of one celebrity, who would it be?
Danae: Chelsea Handler. Because she would love me and we would become besties.
1. What's your lucky number? I dont really know if I have a lucky number but one I've always gravitated towards is 23. I couldn't really say why either.
2. What is your guilty pleasure? Wine before noon, occasionally ;) and reality TV. All the housewives, the teen moms and The Kardashians but really only Khloe. As a server my days off are usually a random wednesday or a Monday, so if I have everything done I needed to get done, then I'll pour myself a glass and indulge.
3. What makes you feel sexy? An awesome hair day. My motto for hair is the more the merrier and the bigger the better. I love having my hair all done up and Billy (my husband) loves it too.
4. If you could switch lives with someone for a day (alive, deceased, or fictional), who would it be and why? Britney Spears. For a few reasons: A) She's Britney Bitch! B) I would kinda want to see just how crazy her life really is.
5. It's 12 o'clock on a Friday night, where are you? Either I've gotten off work already and am at home watching TV with the hubbs or I'm getting ready to leave work.
6. What book, movie title, or television series best describes your love life? Sex and the City. Billy and I are a lot like Carrie and Big. You know, with the back and forth and 10 years of it. Throw in an ex wife, me moving away and, finally, him realizing what was good for him all along and there you'll have us.
7. What #hashtag, or social media slang, drives you crazy? Bae. I don't know why it drives me crazy, but it just does!
8. Do you have a particular superstition that you still follow? No real superstitions. Although I do still believe in pulling apart wishbones on Thanksgiving.
9. If you had to pick one outfit to wear for the rest of your life, what would it look like? If I had to choose one, it would be my dark leggings, a nice tanktop and a sweater over it. It would be versatile enough for all occasions & who doesn't love a good pair of leggings?
10. Dog Collector or Cat Lady? Dogs all the way. My husband and I are both allergic to cats, plus dogs are just more fun to love on.
11. Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip? Miracle Whip. I know it's the same concept but seeing 5-gallon tubs of mayonnaise dumped out to make various things in restaurants I've worked at has really just ruined it for me. Plus, it's just nasty.
12. Penthouse in the city or farmhouse in the middle of nowhere? Farmhouse, definitely. Billy and I would both agree on that one. My perfect day is sitting out on the porch and just listening to the quiet. You can't do that in the city.
13. It's your last meal. What's on your plate? Steak, medium rare with A1. Also, spaghettio's, corn on the cob, and Jack in the Box tacos... Only because we don't have them where we are in North Carolina.