1. It's not impossible. Stop being so dramatic. Put on your big-girl panties and deal.
2. Forgive him. Forget him. Move on--But do each fully! Half-assing any of these steps won't get you anywhere but back in his bed hating yourself.
3. Stop ordering chicken fingers and fries. Don't get me wrong--everyone needs a happy meal here and there--BUT if you are at a restaurant and what you ordered is just a larger portion of something on the kids menu, you might as well just ask for crayons too. Nothing is worse than a picky eater. No prize for you.
4. Drink some wine with your BFF. I promise you'll feel better.
5. Dress up for parties! I'm sure your new t-shirt and flippy floppies look awesome.... on the beach. Don't be a slobby slob. They didn't buy invitations, decorate their home and cook all day to serve someone who just rolled out of bed. Slip into a summer frock with some fabulous wedges and make a statement. That statement being that you actually take pride in the way you present yourself. Your hostess will appreciate it. Promise.
6. If someone has a baby that has the same name as your mutt of a dog, please keep it to yourself. No one wants to hear you compare their heaven sent bundle to your booger-eyed poodle that you for some reason named Alexis. And if you have given your dog a middle or last name.... Might wanna keep that on the DL too. Save it for the dog park.
7. Find someone who has your same passion and has figured out a way to make a living doing it and drill them as much as they will allow. Don't know anyone? Search the biography section at your local library. Even Jenna Jameson has a relatively interesting one... But, hopefully, your one desire in life is not to become a porn star. Dream Bigger.
8. If you are single and want to feel brand new, then I'd suggest drastically changing your hair. Nothing makes you feel like a "new you" more than coloring or chopping your three-year-old do. If you're in a relationship, then obviously what your doing is working so continue on or just change it up to keep it spicy. Want him to break up with you? Then google Kate Gosselin 2008. That didn't work? Well, i guess you'll have to pull a Britney circa 2007. Yikes.
9. Take care of your pearly whites! Even if they aren't straight, they should at least be clean!!
10. Show Gram and Gramps some love. Take them to lunch. Pay for it. Ask them about times in their lives when they didn't look like a prune and a cotton ball had a baby. You will be surprised to find out they were probably way cooler than we will ever be.